Like fine wine, problem lists age very well. Too well, in fact.
Such lists can remain in place for months, even years, without being updated. And questions can lead to conflicts and errors.
Too often, problem lists simply languish, with unchanged patient encounter information. Moreover, even when a problem does appear on the problem list, it doesn’t necessarily signal that the provider addressed the issue during the patient encounter.
During the next live edition of Monitor Mondays, Dr. Andrew Markiewitz, a physician advisor and member of the RACmonitor editorial board, will delve deep into the root causes of problems in the problem list.
Other segments will include the following:
- The RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, partner at the law firm of Practus, will report the latest news about auditors, including the Recovery Auditors (RAs).
- SDoH Report: Tiffany Ferguson, a subject matter expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of healthcare regulations and the SDoH.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Legislative Update Cate Brantley, a legislative analyst at Zelis, will report on current healthcare legislation.